Departure dates: on request.
Despite a great variety of outdoor activities hiking yet remains the cheapest and thus the most popular way of exploring the wilderness. All you need is a reliable tent and a sleeping bag, comfortable footwear and a backpack, minimum of personal belongings and good spirit. Our hiking adventure starts from Listvyanka village – once a small fishermen community on the Western side of Lake Baikal that now has grown into a popular tourist center. The trail runs 60 km up north along the shoreline in a beautiful terrain. Easy access to the starting point is the main attraction of this route. And hikers explored this part of the shoreline long before the tourist boom on lake Baikal started in the late 90-s. Nowadays the trail from Listvyanka village to Bolshoye Goloustnoye village is the most advanced part of the Great Baikal Trail.
Early arrival in Irkutsk. Meeting and assistance at the airport/railway station. Transfer to Listvyanka village – a fast growing tourist center that is located on the shores of Lake Baikal 70 km away from Irkutsk. Accommodation in a guest house . After you have had a rest our guide will introduce you to some points of interest such as the Museum of Baikal and St Nicholas church. Meals at your personal expenses.
After breakfast we shall walk to the outskirts of Listvyanka village and follow a trail on top of a mountain pass. From there the road goes down in the direction of Baikal lake. We’ll stop for overnight at the shore line, set up camp and cook dinner. Day trip 20 km. (BLD).
After about half an hour from the start we bypass a small Russian village that a century ago was the outpost of gold diggers at Baikal area. The trail is relatively smooth with only one serious obstacle on the way. At first sight the steep rock called Scripper seems insurmountable if it were not for a narrow path that avoids the most dangerous places. Overnight in tents opposite a beautiful valley. Daily trip about 18 km. (BLD) *.
* The area is famous for archeological sites and amazing landscape. There are a number of small caves that once were home for our ancestors.
The last day of the trip will not cause any difficulties. The path is smooth and safe with no serious elevations. With favorable weather conditions we’ll end up our trip in Bolshoye Goloustnoye village * long before dinner. From there our minibus will drive you back to Irkutsk (about 2 hours drive on a rough road). Accommodation in a guest house in Irkutsk. Dinner on your own. Daily trip 15 km. (BL)
* The modern trail follows an old hunters’ path of indigenous people of Siberia– the Evenks. The trail was treaded out in the times when the waters of Baikal teemed with fish and the forests where full of game.
After breakfast transfer to the airport/ railway station. (B)
- Please, note that the check in is at 12-00. In case of early arrival you might have to wait at the reception for the check-in hours.
- You may adjust the program and add a few days as an optional tour which is not included in the main tour cost.
- Overall route length – 53 km
- No special training required. Customers should be prepared for long day hikes with middle size backpacks.
- Outfit and gear: tents, sleeping mats.
- Meals are cooked over campfire or on gas stoves.
- The food ration and camping gear is distributed among the participants.
- Occasional rains and low temperatures at night are possible. Due to the changeable weather and your calisthenics the tour itinerary may be altered.
|Number of PAX in a group||2||3||4-5||6-8|
|Cost p/p in Rubles||30 600||23 900||21 200||18 200|
- Single supplement in a guest house 1 700 Rub
- Transportation as described in the itinerary;
- All accommodations described in the itinerary;
- All meals described (B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner);
- Rent of tents;
- All excursions, entrance fees, and visits as described in itinerary;
- Guide services;