Irkutsk city – Listvyanka village – Olkhon Island – Irkutsk city
Availability: June 5 – September 30
This itinerary is ideal for individuals and small groups of tourists. Olkhon Island offers a great variety of different excursions and activities and you will have a chance to reserve them right on the spot. The program is designed in such a way that most of the time you will feel fairly comfortable without our guide’s supervision. This helps to make the tour a lot cheaper.
- 1 day
- 2 day
- 3 day
- 4-6 day
- 7 day
- 8 day
- Tour budget (based on double occupancy)
- The price includes
- The price excludes
Arrival in Irkutsk. Meeting and assistance at the airport. Transfer to your hostel or guest house. Accommodation. After you have had some rest our guide will invite you for a brief city tour *. Meals at personal expenses.
* You’ll visit the place where 350 years ago Irkutsk was founded at the confluence of two Siberian rivers: Irkut and Angara. The place is framed by three churches, two of which are Russian orthodox and the third one is Roman Catholic.
Breakfast. Transfer by car to Listvyanka settlement located at Lake Baikal shore. En route a guided tour to Taltsy – the Museum of Russian Wooden Architecture *. Lunch will be served for you in a cafe. Visit to Baikal Museum **. From there one can easily get on top of Chersky Mount – a natural observation point from where on a good day you will have a magnificent view of lake Baikal and the Angara river outlet. In the afternoon we’ll drive back to Irkutsk. Accommodation as the day before. (BL)
* There is a great number of ethnographical and architectural sights in the museum. The oldest building on a site is Spass Tower of Ilimsk Fortress (1667) and active Kazan Chapel (1679)
** Baikal Museum exhibits the lake’s unique samples of flora and fauna: a rich collection of minerals, different kinds of fish and other organisms inhabiting the lake.
After breakfast you’ll get on your own to the bus station to catch a regular bus to Olkhon island. A day earlier our guide will give you detailed information concerning your trip to Olkhon. The road to Olkhon takes about 7 hours with a short stop at a road cafe for lunch. The bus will drive you directly to the tourist center. Accommodation in log cabins (all amenities outdoors). Dinner and overnight (BD)
3 full days for excursions and sightseeing on Olkhon island. Hiking and cycling trips, automobile excursions, horseback riding and fishing – all these activities can be reserved and paid right at the administration desk. Half board (BD)
After breakfast you will drive back to Irkutsk by regular bus. Accommodation in a guest house. (B)
Transfer to the airport. (B)
Please, note that the check in is at 12-00. In case of early arrival you might have to wait at the reception for the check-in hours.
Tour budget (based on double occupancy)
|Number of PAX in a group||2-3||4-5||6-7||8-9|
|Cost p/p in Rubles||27 300||23 900||22 700||21 800|
- Single supplement Rubles, 3500.
- Accommodation for 3 nights in Irkutsk city (guest house or hostel),
- Accommodation for 4 nights in a tourist camp on Olkon island (rooms for 2 pax all amenities outdoors),
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B – breakfast, L – lunch, D – dinner);
- Bus ticket to Olkhon and back;
- Bilingual guide on Days 1, 2,
- Excursions as mentioned in the program.
- Excursion on Olkhon island