Availability: December 1 – April 1
Challenge Siberian frosts and come and visit us in winter! Who has ever said you go for your holidays to broil in the burning to ashes sun? Feel adventurous – tackle Russia in winter! This is the time to see snow tops of high Baikal Lake mountain ranges, furry green pines in snow and blue waters of the Angara River that never freezes over! The one who visits us is ever charmed by the eternal beauty of pristine nature and always gets back! Come to us and enjoying cozy wooden hill top hotel, fine cuisine and hot Russian steam house.
To your surprise, you will find that the climate is one of the things that you may like – the never-ending sunshine and snow would be a welcome change from the wet and windy winters in North Europe. Unlike some people preconceptions that during winter the whole of Russia hibernates for five months, our guests and locals will go and enjoy the countryside. Come and join us for winter fun!
Recharge your stamina after an unforgettable journey to Lake Baikal in winter!
- 1 day
- 2 day
- 3 day
- 4-5 days
- 6 day
- Tour budget (based on double occupancy)
- Price includes
- Price does not include
Arrival at Irkutsk City airport, meeting and assistance. Transfer to Listvyanka settlement * to your Hotel which is located on the shore of the world deepest and the oldest lakes on the planet. Brief stop at the Shaman Rock viewpoint where you can get hold of numerous souvenirs and see how local people smoke fish. Upon the arrival traditional greeting with vodka and “raskolotka” dish. Lunch at hotel restaurant where you can try some authentic Siberian cuisine specialties. After lunch explore the premises of Listvyanka settlement:
-visit of the private vendors market site on the boat station of the village where you can see various souvenirs and smoked and salted fish on sale
– pay a guided tour around to Baikal Ecological Museum. Return to the hotel. Dinner and overnight
* Listvyanka is 70 kilometers away from Irkutsk. A trip to Listvyanka is the easiest and the fastest way to see the Baikal that’s why the number of tourists in summer often exceeds the number of villagers. A small trading square is a kind of the village’s center where one may seat in a cafe or buy the famous fish of the Baikal – omul.
Breakfast and time for leisure. Enjoy a relaxing walk on foot to the nearest Russian Orthodox church of Saint Nicolas the wonderworker * Lunch at hotel restaurant. After meal we invite you to have a snowmobile ride (3 hrs) through the Russian winter forests and enjoy Baikal panoramic views and a cup of hot tea on a hill top! You will be thoroughly equipped while an experienced instructor will give you a full lecture on life and safety matters. Return to your hotel. Time for leisure. Dinner and overnight.
* Build in the middle of the XIX century by Ksenophont Serebryakov. Dedicated to Saint Nicolas – the guardian of all the travelers.
Breakfast and the whole day trip to Taltsy – a museum of old Russian wooden architecture in the open air * Experience Russian Winter Slide Adventure! Once in your lifetime you will slide on a bear skin from the top of the wooden slide, make racings with your mates and have a great fun! Further transfer to Irkutsk City. Check in at your hotel and a brief city tour to follow. Return to the hotel. Dinner and overnight.
For those who wish we invite you to visit a drama performance at a local music/drama theater or chill out at the central night club of the city (OPTIONAL SERVICE, IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOUR COST)
* There is a numerous number of ethnographical and architectural sightseeing in the museum. The oldest building on a site is Spass Tower of Ilimsk Fortress (1667) and active Kazan Chapel (1679)
After breakfast we invite you to enjoy mountain ski resort at Baikalsk Settlement. Soft and snowy winter, gorgeous landscapes and gentle sun makes the mountain resort one of the best resorts in Russia. The season starts from the early November till the 25th April. Average temperature in winter: -10 C. Snow coat comes up to 1.5 meters. The most attractive time for all skiers is late spring. Snow stays on until April but the sun is very summer-like. The ski base is well equipped, there is a big complex for rest and recreation, ski rental and good canteen on a site (Please, note that the ski or equipment rental as well as the ski entrance fee is not included in the tour cost) Get accommodated at the local hotel and spend the whole day skiing out in the open. Dinner and overnight.
Spend the second day at the resort and get back to Irkutsk City hotel late evening. Dinner and overnight.
Breakfast. Check out. Transfers to Irkutsk City airport. End of services.
- The tour opens on the 29th of December;
- Average number of travelers – 6-9 people;
- No special training needed;
- East Siberia climate is the mostly continental climate in the world. Due to the changeable weather the tour itinerary may be slightly altered;
- All the optional tours price stated separately from the tour price;
- You may customize the tour and get an additional tour in Moscow. This price to be stated separately.
- Moscow-Irkutsk and Irkutsk-Moscow plane tickets are not included due to the various incoming flights time and destinations. They are provided upon request on each group individually hence the price of the tour to be affected.
|Number of pax||3-5||6-9||10-15||16>|
|Price p/p, Rubles||52000||48000||46000||42 000|
- Transfers on arrival and departure;
- Ground transportation as described in the itinerary;
- All accommodations based on double occupancy as described in the itinerary;
- All meals as noted in the itinerary;
- All excursions, entrance fees, and visits as described in itinerary;
- Bilingual local guides throughout your stay;
- International and internal airfare;
- passport and visa fees; medical and trip insurance;
- evacuation costs;
- airport taxes;
- excess baggage charges;
- photography and video fees;
- food and beverages not included in the group meals;
- tips to drivers or guides; items of a personal nature,
- including alcoholic beverages,
- laundry and telephone calls;
- optional tours;
- other items not specifically mentioned as included.