Irkutsk city – Listvyanka settlement
Availability: May 1 – October 31
Within just three days you will visit Irkutsk city – the capital of eastern Siberia, and Listvyanka settlement at Lake Baikal. You can try hot-smoked fish cooked by the locals at the pier, buy souvenirs made of precious and semi-precious stones, hand-made bark items and pictures. You can climb up Chersky cliff which is 700 m above the lake’s level from where you’ll have a good view of the lake and the outflow of the Angara river.
Arrival in Irkutsk city. Meeting and assistance at the airport. Transfer to your Hotel. Check in * Lunch in the hotel restaurant. City tour with the visit to the Cathedral of Holly Sign ** Visit to the Museum of Decembrists ***. Return to your Hotel. Dinner (optional, not included). Leisure time. Overnight.
* In case there are no rooms available the check in will be after 1 pm (after the city tour).
** Apart from ornate and rich iconostasis the cathedral is famous for its graveyard where you can see the tombs of Decembrists Mukhanov, Beschasnov, Trubetskaya and Grigory Shelekhov, explorer of Alaska.
*** In the past the mansion belonged to one of the leaders of Decembrist revolutionaries – Russian aristocracy who were banned to Siberia after their attempt in December of 1825 to overthrow the Russian Tsar.
Breakfast. Departure to Listvyanka settlement located at Lake Baikal shore. En route a guided tour to Taltsy – the Museum of Russian Wooden Architecture in the open air *. Transfer to the beginning of the headwaters of the Angara River to see the famous Shaman Rock. Check in your Hotel, lunch. Visit to the Church of Saint Nicolas the Wonderworker. Visit to Baikal Museum *** Boat trip on the Lake (optional, not included). Return to your hotel. Dinner.
* There is a great number of ethnographical and architectural sights in the museum. The oldest building on a site is Spass Tower of Ilimsk Fortress (1667) and active Kazan Chapel (1679)
** Built in the middle of the XIX century by Ksenophont Serebryakov. Dedicated to Saint Nicolas – the guardian angel for all the travelers.
*** Baikal Museum exhibits the lake’s unique samples of flora and fauna: a rich collection of minerals, different kinds of fish and other organisms inhabiting the lake.
Early breakfast. Departure .
|Number of PAX in a group||2||3-5||6-9||10-15||16 and more|
|Cost p/p in Rubles||19 100||17 800||13 500||12 100||11 600|
- Single supplement, Rubles 4 250
- Hotel double occupancy accommodation for one night in Irkutsk City Hotel (***star category), accommodation for one night in Listvyanka Settlement;
- Half board (Breakfast/lunch);
- All ground and water transfers as mentioned in the program;
- Bilingual guide
- Tours and entrance fees as mentioned in the program.
- Sail boat freight for 2 hrs on day 2;
- Other items not specifically mentioned as included or mentioned as ‘optional’
The tour starts: upon your request